28. March 2018

BREMEN-OLDENBURG RELATIVITY SEMINAR
University of Oldenburg

Room W2 3-349 
When:Wednesday, 28. March 2018
11:00 c.t.
Speaker:Merik Juljan Niemeyer (CvO University of Oldenburg)
Title:Black holes in 5D Einstein-Maxwell-Chern-Simons theory in the small-coupling regime

Abstract: In this talk I will present the results of my bachelor thesis on 5D black holes in Einstein-Maxwell-Chern-Simons theory. In five dimensions the familiar Einstein-Hilbert action can be complemented by a Chern-Simons term, which leads to a modification of the Maxwell equations. I will focus on extremal, asymptotically flat black hole solutions with two angular momenta of equal magnitude. Two special cases of this have been discussed before: The pure Einstein-Maxwell case and the case of 5D supergravity. The transition between these two will be the main point of this talk. After a historical overview, I will first discuss near-horizon solutions which will be obtained using the entropy function formalism. The transition from the SUGRA case to the pure Einstein-Maxwell case will be shown in the branch structure. After that I will present the branch structure of the global solutions. In particular the correspondence between global and near-horizon solutions will be considered.

News & Events

no news in this list.